Friday, October 5, 2007

Still Here

Originally Posted on Fri, Oct 05 2007 @ 4:21 PM [EST]

I'm still here. My dad has been having kidney problems (he has been back on dialysis for a couple weeks now) and last Thursday (09/28) we ended up taking him to the hospital because he was feeling really bad. Turns out he was EXTREMELY dehydrated and his blood pressure had dropped to 63 over 47. He ended up staying in the hospital until the following Monday afternoon. Of course, me being the good son that I am, I spent most of the weekend at the hospital with him and I've been over at his place every evening to make him dinner and make sure he has everything he needs. He is doing much better but we need to get his strength built back up and hopefully his kidney function will increase.

My dad is one of the reasons I've decided to not make any decisions regarding the trucking industry until sometime next summer. I may be a pessimistic, but with the problems dad has had the past few years, I really do not expect him to make it another year. I hope that I'm wrong.

OK … on to something trucking related.I will be heading out to another Transportation Job Fair & Truck Show. This one is being held by 'Tri-State Semi Driver Training, Inc'. Below is the info. If anyone is going to be at the show or in the area, let me know.


10/6/2007
Tri-State Semi Driver Training, Inc.
Start Time: 10:00 AM
Ending Time: 3:00 PM
Description: 2nd Annual Transportation Job Fair and Truck Show
Grand Event! 6690 Germantown Rd. (Rt. 4N), Middletown, OH 45042. TRUCKS,
CRUISE-IN, MUSIC, FOOD AND DOOR PRIZES! LIVE Remote with "Wild Walley" and the
Rebel 105.9. REGISTER to win 4 tickets to the Nextel Cup NASCAR Night Race at
Lowes Motor Speedway in Charlotte, NC, on October 13th with hotel
accommodations. (Must be present at 1pm to win) BRING your hot rods old and new!
Dash magnets for the first 25 cars to arrive. Butler County Sheriff's Dept. K-9
Demonstrations. BLOOD Drive with the Community Blood Center 10am-1pm; please
call Tri-State to pre-register. ON-SITE hiring for experienced and
non-experienced Class "A" CDL Drivers by these major carriers: Averitt, Falcon,
NTB, PI&I, Prime, Roehl, Schneider, TMC, US Xpress, Waste Management and
Werner. Call 1-800-860-7364 for more details.

Comments

Amigo, my heart goes out to you. I hope that your dad's problems straighten out and everything goes well with him and you. Maybe this job fair will be much better than the last one. Hope your day goes better.
Comment By:lenutt on Sat, Oct 06 2007 @ 2:53 PM [EST]

I hope and pray also that your Father lives another 100 years..Maybe you should be looking at truck schools rather than trucking jobs..At least if you get your CDL on your own you can work local for a while..Just to give you a heads up even if you get a CDL and drive a garbage truck or a mixer that still counts with many companies as "Experience" because I had a year and a half in driving tractor trailers then I did 2 years driving a mixer before I got hired on again to drive tractor trailers again..Just letting you know..VM-out!
Comment By:VM on Sun, Oct 07 2007 @ 7:24 AM [EST]

Hey Waste Management might not be a bad gig of you want to be around the house..Don't knock hauling garbage they make pretty good coin..And like I said previously..experience there can get you what you want elsewhere if the road is calling your name again down the line..CDL experience is CDL experience to the insurance companies and that means if you put in a couple years hauling garbage for WM that still counts as "Experience" for getting a good job doing longhaul for someone else...Vm-out!
Comment By:VM on Sun, Oct 07 2007 @ 7:31 AM [EST]

Thanks guys. Things have still been pretty rough for dad. This job fair was much better than the last one. As soon as I can get a little time I will post some info. I really do appreciate you guys and thanks again.
Comment By:Truckin Tedybehr on Thu, Oct 11 2007 @ 10:19 PM [EST]

No comments:

Post a Comment