Monday, November 5, 2007

Bloglines.com

Originally Posted on Mon, Nov 05 2007 @ 11:32 AM [EST]

I want to tell you about a great web site that I found by reading Ken and Karen's blog 'Out Here on the Road' (http://kenandkaren.hwyblogs.com/). It's called Bloglines.com. Now before I continue, I want to say that I am in no way affiliated with Bloglines nor am I making any money for recommending it. Bloglines makes it so much easier to keep track of the information that I want. It will allow me to keep track of the blogs I read, podcast, news feeds, etc.

Instead of trying to describe it myself, here is a quote from their 'About' page:

http://www.bloglines.com/about/
(11/05/07)


About Bloglines

Free and Easy
Bloglines is a FREE online service for searching, subscribing, creating and sharing news feeds, blogs and rich web content. With Bloglines, there is no software to download or install -- simply register as a new user and you can instantly begin accessing your account any time, from any computer or mobile device. And it's FREE!

Bloglines is a window to a whole new world of dynamic content that is being created and distributed over the new "live" web. You can make your own personalized news
page tailored to your unique interests from our index of tens of millions of live internet content feeds, including articles, blogs, images and audio. And it's FREE!

Bloglines shields you from the confusion of news feed standards -- RSS, Atom, and others. Bloglines allows you to search for, read and share any updates from your favorite news feed or blog regardless of its authoring technology. And it's FREE!
Last, but not least, Bloglines provides you with the tools you need to begin creating your own clip blogs and blogrolls. Become a publisher, share your thoughts and opinions! And it's FREE! Get started today!.

Feature Rich Service
Bloglines offers the most features for people who like their online news to be fresh. It's the most popular website of its kind, indexing millions of new online articles every day.

Key Features of Bloglines:

  • All-in-one Blog and news feed search, online subscriptions, news reader, blog publishing and social sharing tools
  • Available in 10 languages
  • Mobile version optimized for handheld computers and cell phones
  • Email subscriptions help manage your e-newsletter traffic
  • Package Tracking (UPS, USPS & FedEx)
  • Custom weather forecasts
  • Quick Pick Subscriptions get new users started quickly and easily
  • Personalized recommendations to find new subscriptions
  • Bookmarklet for single-click subscriptions to any source
  • Notifiers for all browser types to remind you when new articles have arrived
  • Bloglines Saved Searches deliver future articles matching your key words and phrases
  • Most Popular lists show the days hot topics and which blogs are getting the most noticed
  • Handy add-on tools for bloggers such as automated blogrolls, subscription
    buttons


I just started using Bloglines and it is great. I've been able to add the 16 or so blogs that I read to it. Now, I can access these blogs from any place. Before I started using Bloglines, I was using the reader built into Internet Explorer 7. Even though IE7 does a good job with feeds, I also use three different computers on a regular bases. It was difficult to make sure I added any new feeds to all three computers and then if I read any updates on one computer, then I would have to turn around and check the feeds on the other two to make sure I had actually read everything.

If you have multiple feeds (blogs, news, podcast, etc) that you keep track of, I recommend you give Bloglines a try. Once again I want to say that I am in no way affiliated with Bloglines nor am I making any money for recommending it. I'm just trying to help out my fellow bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment