Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Did You Vote Today?

Originally Posted on Tue, Nov 06 2007 @ 11:54 PM [EST]


Did you vote Today? I hope so.
(Yes I did, thank you very much ... lol)

Voting gives me mixed feelings.


1) I feel very proud that I voted and helped do my part to keep democracy alive in this country. My vote may be just one of many, but one vote CAN make a difference.

2) I feel sad knowing that so few Americans actually vote. To make it worse, not even all the Americans that are registered to vote actually do. I know that this was a small election year. Ohio had no issues on the ballot (one issue was printed but they ended up not getting enough signatures to actually get it voted upon). There were no state positions up for election this year either in Ohio. This just leaves local items. In my areas, we only had 7 elected positions like mayor, school board, City Director of Law (whatever that is), etc. We had three levy renewals/increases: School Levy, Senior Services and MR/DD. Other areas of Ohio had a lot more and I know that other states had Governor races, etc going on.

3) A little depressed because I see so many candidates running unopposed. We had 7 positions on the ballot this year. 4 of those 7 were unopposed. Now before you start saying that I should run, let me say that I know nothing of about those jobs. Besides, I'm WAY too honest to be a politician.


Comments

TT, the infamous lenutt has been just north of you for the evening. Thought you might feel the heat from all the negative comments coming my way lately. Just passing through going to Chicagoland.
Comment By:lenutt on Wed, Nov 07 2007 @ 7:08 AM [EST]


Watch out for them tolls Lennut!!! VM-out!
Comment By:VM on Wed, Nov 07 2007 @ 7:45 AM [EST]


I wish I had known you were in the area. I would have loved meeting you for some coffee. I did notice that there was a change in the temp around here. lol -TTB
Comment By:Truckin Tedybehr on Wed, Nov 07 2007 @ 9:56 AM [EST]

No comments:

Post a Comment