Sunday, October 10, 2010

Finally We Meet #2

(I'm really late getting this posted. We met on Wednesday, Oct 6th.)

Once again I have finally gotten to meet up with a truck driver I have known online and via phone calls and text messages for several years now...one Mr. Aaron M. (a.k.a. - "Disgruntled" over at www.PumpkinDriver.net) Aaron is a tanker-yanker. He normally runs local runs and is from the southwest corner of New York state but got the chance to do an OTR run down to Hamilton, Ohio.

His company let him get a room for the night and luck would have it that he was able to shutdown for the night just 6 or so miles from Wilmington. He stayed at the Budget Inn at I-71 / US-68. The Holiday Inn at Roberts Centre was booked (gun and knife show going on) *** Insert Redneck Joke Here *** A word of advise...if you are looking for more than a bed to sleep in and a toilet that flushes, than you probably want to avoid the Budget Inn there. Definitely not the Ritz ... hell, it isn't even a Motel 6.

Aaron ... it was good to finally meet you in person and I look forward to doing it again soon.

As I've said before....

As for the rest of you out there, if you find you will be near Wilmington, Ohio and have a little extra time, give me a shout. I’ll buy you a cup of coffee or a soda or ice tea or something and we can chat for a little while. About the easiest place to meet up is there at I-71 and US 35 (Love’s and a T/A) which is just a little north of Wilmington, or there is a rest area south of Wilmington. There is a VERY small Pilot at I-71 and US 68. VERY SMALL Pilot…parking for maybe 10-12 trucks if you squeeze them together really close. Basically, if you find yourself about 1/2 hour or so from Wilmington, I’ll do what I can to meet up with you.

Wilmington, Ohio

No comments:

Post a Comment